RE: Why fuel injection?

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Why fuel injection?
From: "Olenick, Jamison" <Olenick@ssims.nci.nih.gov>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 07:22:56 -0500
Jess,
   I agree totally.  I have purchased a Holley Fuel Injection system.  It is a
TBI system so it is not a multiport system but it still will be fuel injected.
   The system runs $700 or so new for a 670CFM system that is rated up to 325 hp
or so.  I got mine used so I picked it up a lot cheaper than that.  Just keep
playing around on ebay.  They are on there all of the time.
   If you are talking about a multiport thing, I believe that I came across a
place that had a setup like that for the AMC for $2000 or so.  For the Ford, you
would need a wiring harness from a Mustang 5.0, along with all of the sensors,
and a GT40 intake for a Ford Lightning.  This would be high $ also but a kick
$%#@ system capable of supporting loads and loads of hp (600-800 or so).  I also
think that there are some systems that Holley or someone else sells for $2000 or
so.  Let me know if you want me to try to find any of these for you.
   All of the guys on the AMC mailing list and the FSJ mailing list seem to
think that it is one of the best things that you can do.  The people that have
it swear by it. - better fuel economy, better driveability, runs when cold, you
can adjust from the inside of the car, etc.
   I am going to try to put mine in 2-3 weekends from now.  I will let you know
how things turn out.  The kit does have alot of pieces but I am sure that if I
take my time it will work out fine.  I will let you know of any hitches.

                                                                Jamie