Re: Fixing Air Doors

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fixing Air Doors
From: "K M" <symbiotic@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2000 19:46:52 PST
That's a bad leak.  From my perspective it is a simple system with very few
components that is easy to troubleshoot and fix.  I only drive my car once a
week and it always has air.  I do recommend and I did install a valve that
isolated the air tank although the only time I ever use it is when I work on
the solenoid panel and I hardly ever do that. The problems that I have found
were a big leak, like you describe, that I thought was a design defect.
That leak was where the hose connected to the tank itself -- there was
nothing clamping that hose there.  I used a little hose clamp, bent it a
little, and that solved that. The other problems were a regulator that
weeped air a bit, some "t" fittings that leaked (make sure that the ferrules
have nipples), etc. All were found with soapy water. Kim