Re: Fixing Air Doors

To: david.ebel@visitalk.com
Subject: Re: Fixing Air Doors
From: GLCurley@aol.com
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 16:17:22 EST
david.ebel@visitalk.com writes:

> how hard is it to adjust air doors.  For example - if one door doesn't go up
>  all the way - can that be fixed easily?  Are finding and fixing leaks (if
>  leaks can exist) difficult?

When you hold down the "up" button, can you gently assist the door the rest
of the way up with your hand?  And does it stay up there when you let go of
it?  IMO--and maybe I'm overcautious--if the doors are adjusted to "rocket"
up all the way to their maximum amount of travel, it is putting more stress
on the doors, hinges, and roof, than if the door stops before it gets gets
all the way up.  If the door system stays fully charged with air after
sitting a few days, then it sounds more like an adjustment issue than a leak.
 Although the actual lift cylinder could be finicky.  Some say finding air
leaks is not difficult.  I'm happy for them but currently having a hard time
with it.

George curley