Fw: COOLING SYSTEM

To: "Bricklin" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: COOLING SYSTEM
From: "Greg Monfort" <wingracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 12:51:08 -0400
Air flow increases, but until the fan clutch is engaged, it's increase in
cooling effect appears to be marginal with rising RPM. Once engaged, it
still doesn't seem to help much, if any at rest. To use your test, rev the
motor while stopped in traffic and see if the motor cools down.

You keep avoiding the questions posed, and earlier in the post that you
snipped I gave my thoughts on the probable results of such a restrictor
test. Anyway, most of us have a variable restrictor already, it's called a
thermostat.

I neither believe nor disbelieve what's taught in Physics books, but how
they apply in a car's coolant system, since the results don't seem to always
'follow the rules'.

Unless you can enlighten us on the conundrum, we're down to wasting BW, so
until then we're done.

GM