Re: WARNING: JC Whitney insulation

To: GodlyKrew@aol.com
Subject: Re: WARNING: JC Whitney insulation
From: "K M" <symbiotic@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 22:53:30 PDT
Thanks for the advice but I am going to use the Whitney stuff.  I spoke
with Hoffman and in my opinion it will be fine for my application. Since
the early cars came without any insulation or padding at all, I think
that this reflective 3/8 inch sound deadinging (is that spelled right)
stuff will be great. Kim

>Kim,
>do NOT use the JC Whitney insulation as it will not suppress enough
heat and
>noise as what Stan Fransen of the Bricklin Shop in Chino CA recommends.
He
>uses what NASCAR uses because it outdid everything else by far in terms
of
>suppressing heat and noise on the bricklin he bought as a guinea pig.
The car
>was used to find the best solution to bricklin related problems.  Stan
used 6
>or seven different types of insulation, and only one was good enough to
stay
>in the car.  You can buy the insulation from Stan by calling
909-465-6547.  If
>you get a machine that says "Hi. Sorry I missed your call..." and does
not
>mention Bricklins, don't worry..it's not the wrong number.
>

>Stan recommends thathe dash be completely removed so that insulation
can be
>installed from the bottom of the windshield down and on the florrboard.
while