Ignition Switch + Carb

To: "'Bricklin'" <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Ignition Switch + Carb
From: "Olenick, Jamison" <Olenick@ssims.nci.nih.gov>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 14:51:10 -0400
Two questions:
   I am in need of an ignition switch - i think that there has been some
conversation on the topic before and the part number was OEM #3197598?  Also ..
where is this switch located.  I seem to remember it being on the base of the
steering column near the firewall on an 87 Iroc that I was working on but when i
look at the base of the cloumn on the bricklin i could not find it.  Anyone
know?  Is it on the top side of the column?
   I am also considering changing the carb.  Is there an advantage or
disadvantage to removing all of the pollution control devices?  Would this be a
problem due to the amount of vacuum lines in the bricklin? Or should I just get
a good aftermarket carb?

                                                Thanks,  Jamie