Rust

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Rust
From: Godly Krew <GodlyKrew@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 02:31:49 EDT
the rust on VIN 1758 looks pretty bad...
with the plenum covers removed, the driver's side opening looks like it has
flakes on the inside.  The underside of the chassis looks about the same as
the plenum.

I'm really confused now that John gave me the $750-1,500 figure....
I THINK I GOT RIPPED OFF!!!!!!!
I paid $6950 for the car, $650 for tax/licence at the DMV, $1100 for a new
cooling system (re-cored radiator, all new hoses).  The carpet is in need of
replacement,
and so are the seats.  The dash is fine, except for the wierd problem where
the tach reads 7000 rpm at freeway speeds (55mph) and the loose connection
behind the gas guage.  The horns need replacement, the driver's side door has
lots of stress cracks and has started to come unglued, the air door system is
missing the electric compressor, the vacuum pump does not work, and i'm
currently using a different air tank than the ones the vendors sell.

I'm really starting to get steamed about how much money my parents and I have
been spending to get ripped off, which is not limited to the bricklin.  If my
car is only worth $1,500, then I need to know which appraiser would accurately
give a value to my bricklin.  From there, it looks like I'll have to take the
guys who sold me the car to court for selling a $1,500 car for $6950.   If
only I knew where to start....

Don't the lawyers get all the money anyway?
I don't wanna wait a year or two to get my money back, either....

Now the idea of building my own car sounds like the best option.
the only problems are a lack of money, a garage, and the know how to do it.
I know what I want, I just donno how to put it together =(

Ideas, anyone?

Riley Marquis III
VIN 1758