bmcu

Re: Help with TR6 Oil Cartridge

To: WILLIAM BOWDEN <bowden7@msn.com>
Subject: Re: Help with TR6 Oil Cartridge
From: Neil McCasland <neilmcc@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 20:08:22 -0800
I did that swap a number of years ago.   Recalled the easiest (to
recover from) op I could think of was to loosen the whole steering rack
(the two u-bolts)  and that let the linkage lift high enough to get the
canister out.   While you are at it, if you still have the rubber
steering rack bushings which harden up and slip, it's a nice time to
replace w. TR-4 aluminum blocs.   Same fit.   Good luck!

Neil mcC