Re: Creative smog ideas welcome :)

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Creative smog ideas welcome :)
From: Johann Schubert <jes@rx7.org>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 20:54:32 -0700
james creasy wrote:
> The only one I know of SB100, which lets hand built vehicles choose a
> previous year for manufacture date.  pre 74 cars are then exempt from smog.
>

> The other choice is to use a pre 74 block.
>
> James
> OSP - Omitted Smog Pump

You can't use an engine older than the car. For example, if your '83 model was
built from '81-'85, you could use an '81 block. Using a '74 block would gain
nothing because you still need all the smog equipment for the vehicle or engine
year,  whichever is newer...

BTW, 1975 model-year vehicles and older are exempt.

John