Re: ST2? STS2?

To: Phil Esra <pesra@yahoo.com>, ba-autox@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: ST2? STS2?
From: Barry Chafin <info@4d-sport.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 12:40:04 -0700 (PDT)
We began the 2004 Season with the '91 Miata on the Kumho MXs. While they aren't
as sticky as the Azenis Sports they are a couple lbs. / tire lighter and better
suited for normal street duty than the Azenis, IMHO.  Kevin McCormick and Katie
Elder run on the MXs and took the STS and STS Ladies Championship this year.  I
do believe they shave though .

Thanks,

Barry

PS.  In my former post I should of said ...follow Street Touring (S) rules
allowing up to 7.5" wide rims.  As John points out, STX as a base set of rules
would of allowed the Torsen.

Phil Esra <pesra@yahoo.com> wrote:
I don't know anything about the MX that Barry mentions, but I will say
that the Azenis, while cheap and sticky, is a pretty annoying street
tire--they have a noisy tread design and have a stiff sidewall that
makes for an uncomfortable ride over potholes and such.

If you're not going to get too serious about it (and it *is* just a
regional class, after all), the stock wheels aren't a huge
disadvantage. I ran a CS-legal setup (w/Azenis) competitively at the
beginning of the '04 season, but the drivers and cars may have evolved
since then. Of course, you were always a bit faster than me :)

phil