air tool quick release fittings

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: air tool quick release fittings
From: Toy4speed@aol.com
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 01:38:58 EST
Hello All:

Been kinda slow on the autox content lately, so I'd like to offer a question
to those with experience with air compressors/tools.  I was at Harbor Freight
today, just wandering thru, picked up a Goodyear air hose for my compressor
(people say Goodyear is good stuff) then looked at the fittings for the hose
and
tools.  They had "automotive" fittiings that looked a bit different in design
than the "industrial" style quick release fittings that I currently have.
Now sometimes I notice some are air hiss moving the hose or tools around,  just
wondering if the "automotive" style of quick release is any better in
function.

Oh yes, the autox Supra is heavily dependent on good air tools to continue in
it's quest to chase down the big dogs of DSP :)

(had to put in the requisite autox content)

Thanks !

Don Lew
DSP Supra