grinding brake pads to adjust balance?

To: <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: grinding brake pads to adjust balance?
From: "James Creasy" <james@thevenom.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 11:49:50 -0800
due to a design issue, my car has insufficient rear brake bias (even with
the knob to full rear).  i cant get the car to rotate at all under braking.

i am considering grinding down my front brake pads to make them smaller and
thus increase the rear bias.

will this work? will there be important side effects?  there is plenty of
brake and i can lock a front easily now.

(note: i think this is a legal tuning technique even in the stock classes
:) )

i could put on larger rear brakes, but unemployment isnt going to quite
cover that expense!

-james