RE: Gravel at Golden Gate Fields

To: "'Pat Kelly'" <lollipop487@attbi.com>, Joe <joe@bea.com>,
Subject: RE: Gravel at Golden Gate Fields
From: "Thana, Peter {High~Palo Alto}" <PETER.THANA@ROCHE.COM>
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2002 13:19:44 -0700
To be fair to John, we do have fewer events scheduled at GGF this year than
last.  There are only 5 regular series events and 9 total on the calendar
this year as opposed to 7 and 11 respectively last year.  Plus, we have 2
events scheduled at Marina this year and a good number of Oakland events.
Of course it seems like they are always defending GGF because there are so
many complaints about it (and I have my share, believe me:).  But I do
believe that they are keeping our comments in mind when scheduling, it's
just not a very easy task.

Honestly if distance were the only negative, I'd love to see a couple events
at Atwater.  It's not really any more of a drive from most places than
Sacramento, and it is a very nice site.  Not that we should have all of our
events there, but if a convenient date were available, I'd vote for it:)

Peter