Re: driveway contracting question, was Re: A/C Paving 101

To: Anthony Tabacco <atabacco@california.com>
Subject: Re: driveway contracting question, was Re: A/C Paving 101
From: Giles Douglas <giles@vy.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 12:58:15 -0700 (PDT)
Well, you could just excavate down, put down some baserock, compact it,
and then lay some interlocking paving on top of it. Its really not that
hard, and its real easy to replace when you spill oil all over the place
;-)

For a driveway support you need a minimum of 8 inches baserock I think
(I'd have to check). The compactor thing you can rent for the day, or a
couple of hours - its not that expensive. Plus the vibrations will
strengthen your arms for steering cars with no power steering (well,
maybe)

        Giles