RE: Spring Compressor?

To: "'craig boyle'" <craig_autox@yahoo.com>,
Subject: RE: Spring Compressor?
From: "Ryan, Neal G" <neal.g.ryan@lmco.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 09:47:20 -0800
I have a few styles of spring compressors for Struts they are FIAT part
numbers but I think they would work well with any other strut. To use the
type of compressor I have you need a vise to clamp the compressor into then
you clamp the strut into the compressor and turn a crank handle which pushes
the spring down. After that you can remove the nut safely and back off on
the crank and gently release the tension of the spring. The different types
I have are for various sizes of struts. This is the safest looking spring
compressor I've seen. If your strut fits in one of the sizes I have you are
more that welcome to borrow it. You can reach me after 4:00pm at (650)
966-1633. I'm in Mountain View.

 Neal Ryan