Re: Novice, # of events?

To: John Kelly <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: Novice, # of events?
From: "John J. Stimson-III" <john@idsfa.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 09:39:03 -0700
> Was your goal the trophy or just to be classed as a novice? I learned long
> ago that to develop one's skills you must compete against people who are
> better than you are. If you stay in the novice class and beat your fellow
> novices, how good are you?

My goal was to learn how to drive my car on street tires, competing
against people with comparable experience and driving comparably
prepared cars!  The competition in Novice 6 has been tight all year,
and we all had to improve our driving to keep up with one another.
Having a trophy to shoot for gave me an incentive to try even harder
to improve.

Is that not what the Novice program is about?  If not, someone should
have told me that long ago...

--

john@idsfa.net                                              John Stimson
http://www.idsfa.net/~john/                              HMC Physics '94