RE: Divisionals! Don't Put Off Entering!

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Divisionals! Don't Put Off Entering!
From: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 16:22:24 -0700
And oh yeah, I forgot my Divisional plug:

Last year, the dinner was at a pool. I guess we're not that lucky this year.
But LAST year, they had this amazing raffle (the food was top notch, too).
If you bought at the right time, like Arie Villasol did, you could win like
every other prize. So, it was down to Arie, Larry Sharp, and this other guy.

But the competition itself was in how loudly you could cheer for winning yet
another prize. I graciously offered my services to claim Arie's prizes,
because he's the bashful type, and I am, well, not. Larry Sharp, though, had
the yeehaw down. He wins, in my opinion. My challenge was different though:
I think I went up there maybe six times, and it was difficult coming up with
a new act, but I tried hard. Fortunately, many of the prizes were the kind
you could wear, so by the end, I was clothed in a very attractive costume,
most of it purple.

Well, that's just one of my personal favorite parts. Sadly, I guess we don't
get the pool this year. That's too bad, but no doubt Sac Chapter will again
throw a good party, as they do every year when they throw this shindig.

Which is my final point: do not be swayed or intimidated by this "excellent
competition," and "nationals preparation" talk. All of is true, it's got its
place, I won't argue that, but for maybe about three minutes of your day,
with maybe some extra serious "focus" time thrown in between your runs.
After that, if you're dwelling on that stuff and not enjoying the company,
then you are missing the point of parking lots, of racecars, and LIFE.

You should to go the Divisional because Sac Chapter knows how to throw a
good party.

Do not believe me? Here is the literature:

http://www.sfrscca.org/solo2/Results/2001/Divisional/party.html

Katie Kelly