Re: 8 CONE SLALOM (WAS: THANKS)

To: Kevin_Stevens@Bigfoot.com, donbarbmckenna@earthlink.net, jcre@mozart.com,
Subject: Re: 8 CONE SLALOM (WAS: THANKS)
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 19:52:03 EDT
In a message dated 6/28/2000 4:30:28 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
kevin_stevens@hotmail.com writes:

<< Incidentally, I heartily
 disagree with the direction everyone was taking the slalom in the afternoon
 (outside of first cone/inside of last).  By that time the dirty/clean
 difference was too great to go the other way, but I'd sure have liked a
 harder charge onto the back straight... >>

Well, at least in WWD (Wrong Wheel Drive, a la Neon) KeS is way off...  I
accelerated all the way around the first cone with a VERY small lift to turn
in, and had to give up very little at the far end, whereas I would've had to
brake to get to the left of the first cone (right before being flat to the
floor for about 5-6 cones, not the place to slow down...) and while you can
get a "harder charge" by going outside the last cone, you have to turn some
20-40 degrees more to go around it.  I think you would be driving quite a
larger distance on that end of the slalom.

<<  Don says this because he hasn't mastered the intricacies of left-foot
braking.  This is why I kicked his butt at the Divisional, and why he is
doomed to ignominy and failure at Nationals unless he begins using LFB
immediately.  The fact that he is "dancing" on only one foot also explains
his unfortunate social ostracism.  >>

While I agree with KeS about LFB, I'm guessing any social ostracism Don may
be experiencing has more to do with the company he keeps...

CHD