RE: Thanks

To: "'Thana, Peter {High~Palo Alto}'" <PETER.THANA@Roche.COM>,
Subject: RE: Thanks
From: Carl Merritt <cmerritt@ati.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 15:43:34 -0700
> Thanks to you and Ben for your efforts!

Thanks!  I'm not really sure if the smooth event was because we were just
lucky, or the sub 200 turn out, or our constant stressing on keeping things
rolling...probably a combination of all the above.

> I thought fun runs were a good idea for the morning.
> Of course I don't think we should do this
> unless the event is ahead of the printed schedule.

Since the 5th group can't start until 1, Ben and I had figured ahead of time
that the first 4 groups would have to finish by 12:30 to get any fun runs
in.  When we finished off the first 4 groups by 11:30, we were ecstatic to
say the least.

> PS:  I don't remember if I ever mentioned this to you, but the wide angle
> lens on your camera is a keeper.  We were able to see that critical extra
> bit of KeS's frantic gesticulation...

Hahahahahahaa.....yeah, it works pretty good, plus the red driving gloves so
I can see what my hands are doing.  It's a normal 37mm camcorder lens I
picked up from www.profeel.com in case anybody is interested.  I also had a
polarizing filter on the camera yesterday, but should have taken it off as
the clouds came in, but I didn't have time (that's why it looks a little
dark).

-Carl