Re: Alameda

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Alameda
From: Jesus Villarreal <jesvilla@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2000 15:14:17 -0700
Craig Boyle wrote:

> Now if the silver-tongued John Kelly could talk us
> into  the deck of the Hornet for an autox, that would
> *really* be a photo op.
>
> The penalty for running off course might prove too
> steep for some competitors :-)
>
> Craig
>
> --- Carl Merritt <cmerritt@ati.com> wrote:
> > > The most recent lot we've surveyed at Alameda is
> > asphalt.
> > > It's over by the U.S.S. Hornet.
> >
> > That would make a REALLY cool photo-op background...
> >
> > -Carl
> >

> Send online invitations with Yahoo! Invites.
> http://invites.yahoo.com

I attended a ballroom dance event a few months ago that was held in the
main hanger on the USS Hornet, that boat is huge! err ship. We didn't go
up to the main deck but it was pretty hard to see the other end of the
area we were in, there were airplanes and helicopters all around in
there too. The parking lot seemed like it was pretty big, but it was
cold and dark and I didn't get a good look at it.

Jesus