Re: Alameda

To: Larrybsp@aol.com, kkelly@spss.com, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Alameda
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 17:51:57 EDT
Larry Stark wrote:

<<  FYI there were three Solo II's at Alameda, one a two day event and a single
day event.  >>

Both were two day events, actually.

<<  The double event was run
on the main runway and taxiways Saturdays course was
designed by Charlie Davis and literally had you driving in around in circles.
Jan Sears, Boris Elpiner and I designed Saturday's course by the light of our
headlights Friday night.  There was one initial skidpad that turned out smaller
than we intended.  That is the only "driving in circles" that happened.

<<  Dick Buchen and I chaired the Sunday
event so I remember. We opened the course up and every
one loved it. >>

It's always easy to do the second day, Larry.

<<  The single event was run on the asphalt lot in front of the museum. I
remember that because Jim Martin
ran some fantastic times in his rice burner and smoked
everyone else in SS. How come I can remember all this
and not what I had for lunch yesterday? FWIW  >>

Maybe you'd remember it more acurately if you ate something...

CHD