Re: Longest slalom ever?

To: "adam popp" <raft321@fuse.net>, "team.net list"
Subject: Re: Longest slalom ever?
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 20:11:01 -0500
Yeah, I remember that one.

It was Harry Mann's north course at the Salina Municipal Airport site --
1986 -- kind of a "death by slalom" course. Late in the run was a 12-cone
no-option slalom that offset halfway through. My SportsCar writeup described
it as "long and fast" but you had to get cone 6 dead on to get over to cone
7 and be on line for the rest of it. Some, indeed, looked at it as two
6-cone slaloms put together.  It ran about 2/3 the length of the
north-course area (the larger of the two) and ended at the beginning of the
loop that became the finish.

--Rocky