Re: Subject: Re: shop manuals

To: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>, "Mark Andy"
Subject: Re: Subject: Re: shop manuals
From: "Chuck" <golden1@britsys.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 11:57:22 -0500
I really don't see an illegal/incorrect spec standing for long, or causing
undo expense to match. First, I'm not likely to pull my known stock engine
apart to check the deck height for example, but if by chance I did and found
a different spec, I wouldn't immediately spend money to change mine to match
the illegal one, but would submit my measurement with a request for
verification. I'd expect at least one or two others would check and verify,
making the illegal spec engine proven illegal. Only that competitor would
incure the expense of returning his engine to spec, and would in return
likely to be given much closer scrutiny by his competition in impound for a
while. I certainly wouldn't deliberately submit an illegal spec, knowing I'd
be cast in that light as soon as it was found incorrect.