FW: street solos

To: "Team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: street solos
From: "Scott Sawyer" <scottsawyer@northstate.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 22:36:44 -0500
        In NC there is still one going on, but it sounds kind of tame
compared to some of the others. Every year at the Bele Chere Festival in
Asheville the Highlands Sports Car Club puts on an autocross on a
downtown street. No novices allowed, and I can remember having to do a
brake test as a part of tech a couple of years ago. Usually a pretty
simple course that is run on a wide stretch (4 lane?) in front of the
Public Works building. It's one we always look forward to, it's
different having a large crowd at an autocross. It's a good event to
bring the whole family to, there's lots of stuff to see when the event
gets boring. I've seen a few cars up on curbs, but always away from
spectator areas.

Scott Sawyer,
Team Underdog Racing,
STS 22, 91 Civic Si