Re: Wendover Pro?????

To: "Josh Sirota" <josh@sirota.org>
Subject: Re: Wendover Pro?????
From: Rex Tener <rex_tener@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 10:48:28 -0700
At 09:53 AM 7/23/2003 -0700, Josh Sirota wrote:
>Mike Shields wrote:
> > I don't know for sure, but I don't think we've
> > ever been offered the option of having it in late May/early June before
> > when it might be reasonable there. I'd rather do it then, Utah is very
> > nice at that time of year.
>
>There used to always be a Wendover event the weekend before Memorial Day, in
>May.  Despite that earlier date, it was sometimes very very hot and very very
>windy.

I don't have the dates prior to 1996 for the Wendover ProSolo at work, they
are in daytimers at home, but from 1996 and on:

         May 18-19 1996
         May 17-18, 1997
         May 17-18, 1998
         August 7-8, 1999
         July 15-16, 2000
         July 14-15, 2001
         July 20-21, 2002

I am pretty sure I remember my first ProSolo in Wendover in 1994 being in
August.  That is the one where Josh thought someone left the oven on
outside of his Passat Wagon when he opened the door at the event site.

I do remember it snowed in the Sierras on Saturday, May 17, 1998, we had to
drive through all the sand that they put down coming back from Wendover
that Sunday.

--
Rex Tener
rex_tener@yahoo.com