RE: [evolution-disc.] Please comment on the August Fastrack

To: "'Dave Hardy'" <dave2020@mindspring.com>, <awhollis@swbell.net>,
Subject: RE: [evolution-disc.] Please comment on the August Fastrack
From: "Eric Salem" <eric@mail.brown911.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 00:05:58 -0500
<<
No problem with any of that.  What I find goofy about Prepared is that
the rules for EP and CP are completely different rulesets.  Not just
minor stuff either, but fundamental differences.  It just strikes me as
odd.

My simple unfrozen-caveman lawyer mind can't handle these concepts. And
I wasn't paying attention when the classes were created.

Stock in Theory goes from AS (fast) to HS (not as fast)

SS is a freak show for cars that break half the safety rules for a stock
car.

SP in theory is a place to play with interiors and suspensions, but also
allows older cars, otherwise it's progressive from top to bottom like
Stock, or at least means to be.

Prepared hasn't got any progression. It's a home for people who aren't
smart enough to come out of the rain. The alphabetically lowest class is
often the fastest. But It's also an apples-oranges comparison. How do we
compare a 1900 pound 230 HP mid-engined 914/6 in FP to a DP or EP car?
Or a class dedicated to gas-powered margarita blenders (CP)? Prepared is
like those Harley ads, If you have to ask you won't understand.

Well flame away,