Re: [evolution-disc.] Please comment on the August Fastrack

To: "Eric Salem" <eric@mail.brown911.com>,
Subject: Re: [evolution-disc.] Please comment on the August Fastrack
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 21:58:45 -0500
> No Nothing Changes. End of story. OEM tires. And everything else.
> Somebody drop me a note when stock means Stock.

Somebody drop me a note where to buy OEM tires for my Triumph.

Even on newer cars, how the heck are you going to police OEM tires?  A car
might come with 4 or 5 different tires, randomly selected at the factory.
Maybe none of these tire models will be available a few years later.  Maybe
they will all cost twice as much as sticky Kumhos.

Your plan might work if all Stock cars are required to be one year old or
less and have the original tires (if you can prove what the original tires
were).  I fail to see how that keeps autocrossing cheap and accessible.

Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
1970 Lotus Europa 65/2597, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1986 Suburban, 1962 TR4 CT2846L
pethier@isd.net  http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.lotusowners.com