Saftey issue - 3 questions

To: "'Team.Net'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Saftey issue - 3 questions
From: "Eric Salem" <eric@mail.brown911.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 22:45:25 -0500
At our most recent event an Ind-DUH-vidual had a problem with a corner
and it's proximity to a fixed object, in this case a light pole.

His concern was that if a new person in a RWD car came into the corner
too hot they could lose it and hit the pole. Measurement later showed
that said pole was 45 feet away from the original outer cones. And
nobody hit the outer cones.

He was driving a borrowed 400hp SM Supra.

Anyway, I changed the course a bit to slow the corner down and limit the
whining. (Found out I was SSS after I got there.)

So here's the questions: How do other regions deal with people that
won't make the effort to put on an event or get SSS credential but
always want to whine about the course under the guise of 'Safety'; and
should I have followed my first instinct which was to send him home; and
finally (yes I've read the book) how do other regions handle non-SSS
folks when they try to call foul on safety issues?

Input appriciated,
#72 FP 911 (like those aren't RWD or tail happy)