Re: Complete ProSolo points....

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Complete ProSolo points....
From: Randy Chase <randyc2@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 10:03:39 -0700
>The problem is that the Finale is a complete event by itself, with trophies,
>prizes and contingencies based on just that event as well as counting
>towards championships.

Not exactly, because the Finale is already excluding anyone that has not
done two events in that class. Other than that, yes it is an event by
itself, but it seems that SCCA's requirement of the two previous class
entries places the Finale into a different category, a run off of sorts.

I do agree with you that there are other reasons to attend the Finale other
than winning the whole enchilada. Many people will go to the Finale with
less than 36 points next to their name, and many will hope for a trophy
spot. It's not all or nothing.

I like the present system of allowing ANY drivers with a min 2 events in
that class to enter. It would be great if the system could keep that as a
test for who is qualified to enter the Finale, and somehow accommodate
those drivers. Maybe it's 300? Can the present format handle that? What if
we started the Finale at 8:00am on Saturday?  At that time of year, we
could also run a little later. Seems like maybe we could handle more cars.

Looking to the future and increased success in ProSolo... we need a longer
term solution. One consideration maybe to increase/change the run groups.
For example, start the ProSolo on Friday afternoon. Practice starts,
registration, tech on Friday morning. Shift A starts 3:00pm (?) on Friday
and continues until 6:00pm. And then picks up again at 8:00am on Saturday.
Shift B follows that and then Shift C like normal.  Shift A again starts
around noon on Saturday and Shift C concludes it's second set of runs on
early Sunday morning. Basically the run groups all start earlier and will
end a later on Sunday. The groups and start times can be shifted based on
entrants and we allow anyone with 2 class events to enter and still have
some flexibility.

Downside? Drivers will need to be there early on Friday, but then a lot of
us are there anyway. Just a thought....don't flame me too bad. :)

12meg video from Atwater ProSolo-
http://www.cpdserver.com/andrewlin/2003AtwaterPro/Atwater2003_BigSpin.mov

Randy Chase
http://www.conecam.com/