Re: New Car Classing

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New Car Classing
From: "racer93@prodigy.net" <racer93@prodigy.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 08:04:11 -0500
Snip:

<<Re: Our prep costs: shocks - $3K
5 sets of racing tires, mounting and balancing - 3.5K
3 sets of racing wheels -1.6K
5 alignments -.5K
entry fees, travel costs, lost income, T&T schools, etc. to get  enough seat
time to get familiar with the car through the 2002 season for 2 drivers >6K,
so actually 10K was an underestimate.
Charles>>

First of all, do you really need Penske or Ohlins shocks in GS??  I'm going
to take a wild stab and say no.  A nice set of Koni sport yellows and more
seat time would be money better spent.

FIVE sets of tires and 3 sets of wheels????  Good Lord!  Do you really need
all of that??  Again, I'm going to have to say no.  How about one or two
and just reorder tires as needed??  As a single driver in a very heavy car
(read: tire hungry), I only had one extra set of wheels and I used 2 1/2
sets of tires per season, and that was running on some very sticky concrete
here in the midwest.

I think if you watch your purse strings closely, you can have a nationally
competitive car and driver combination for at most $3k.

Daniel
'92 Miata (a virgin to racing)
formerly '99 mitsu eclipse (something less than a virgin to racing)