Re: Valentine One?

To: Bob Monday <boysrus_racing@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Valentine One?
From: Mike Shields <mshields@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 22:02:01 -0700
All I know (not having owned too many other detectors) is that I felt
the V1 was almost too good.

Here's a little story (all true!). I once got a single (but not
insignificant) alarm while driving west of Salt Lake City on I80.
Figured it was instant-on ahead, slowed down to the speed limit and
waited to see the cop...and waited, and waited and waited. About 3-4
miles later I figured it was a false (sunspots or something 8) and
started to speed up. Right about then it went bonkers! Turns out the
first signal I got was from the cop sitting on the side of the road
about 5 miles away. He ended up bagging the guy that passed me in that
4 mile slowdown from the first bleep.

I loved it since I could count the signals, and knew the direction they
were coming from. It seemed to catch signals quite early and correctly.

Then some bastard stole it.

Mike