Re: AP Nationals Turnout

Subject: Re: AP Nationals Turnout
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 17:38:02 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On Mon, 30 Sep 2002, Kelly, Katie wrote:
> >The rumor I heard is that the DP Miata's will be moved to AP next
> year >- this should help AP's numbers.
>
> Miatas in A Prepared? Isn't AP a GT-1 class, but WITHOUT the 15% weight
>penalty?
>
> Is this for real? Really?!

Really.

See the other posts on the topic.

Outta curiosity, how much does the Kinny Sunbeam Tiger (I think it is)
weigh?  How little can a miata weigh before you spend _huge_ amounts of
money?

I'm finding it hard to believe that a miata will be able to compete with
that car, but I don't really know.  And I'm not even sure that car is at
the head of the current AP field...

Mark