Re: FM Protests...again (was: Service Manauls)

Subject: Re: FM Protests...again (was: Service Manauls)
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 11:31:42 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On Wed, 25 Sep 2002, J. Brett Howell wrote:
> My point in my previous response was, and still is, that the competitors
> of the class who are claiming that they were protested on weenie issues
> and were not given any advance notice are overlooking several facts: 1 -
> that they were given advance notice that their cars were not compliant
> and that if these non-compliances were not fixed they would be
> protested

Without, by your description, being told _what_ the non-compliance areas
were.

I.e. someone said something like "your car is illegal.  Fix it or be
protested".  Which, if _I_ were the person on the other side, would
provide no useful information as I _already_ have gone through the
rulebook and ensured my car was legal.  The problem, if it exists, is that
I must've misinterpreted something.  But rather than tell me what they
think the problem is so that we can discuss it like adults (and I can
realize the error of my ways), all I hear is "your car is illegal, nyeah,
nyeah, nyeah!" :-)

Or am I making assumptions again?

Mark