Re: FM Protests...again (was: Service Manauls)

Subject: Re: FM Protests...again (was: Service Manauls)
From: "Dave Whitworth" <dave@wcsllc.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 09:20:08 -0500
IMO we get plenty of info on why a protest ruling was made......

Your statement:

For instance, with the FM protest, it would be good to see something like
"recognized F500 expert John Doe explained that adding an exhaust can
could result in powerband modifications that could be beneficial to the
competitor.  As such, the illegal exhaust can is considered to
be potentially performance enhancing and the penalty is DSQ."

is redundant isn't it?  To me, it isn't pertinent whether the mod makes a
performance difference or not....it's either against the rules or not.  The
PC interprets the rules as written, they don't interpret the validity of the
rules themselves.....the SEB does that.

DaveW