RE: Kai's Speeding Ticket

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Kai's Speeding Ticket
From: "Talley, Brooks" <brooks@frnk.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 10:14:22 -0700
> > Additionally, seeing as how speeding tickets are essentially about
> > revenue generation, I think they fall into the category of
> a tax that
> > it is perfectly ethically acceptable to try to circumvent.

> OMG that's funny!  So, traffic penalties = taxes.  Since they
> are taxes, it is our American duty to avoid them?  As a
> bonus, this is ethically acceptable.  Man, we need more
> people like you running this country!

You're darned tooting you do!

That is, unless you're happy with the current approach of monetarily
penalizing many perfectly harmless behaviors for the sole purpose of
raising money to hire police to enforce more penalties?  Maybe it's just
me, but that seems kind of insane.

While I am not particularly thrilled at the thought of moving back east,
I will not object if you choose to start a write-in campaign for the
next presidential election.  Team.Net is probably not interested in
every plank in my platform, but I will promise to support:

- the expert's drivers license

- graduated lane speed limits on federal highways (if the right lane is
65, the next lane is 75, the next (if there) is 85, etc)

- a federal law mandating that any corporation, organization, or
governmental body which owns a sufficiently large parking lot be
required to make it available at no cost for autocrossing on weekends
(even if it interferes with their normal business).

Cheers
-b