Kai's Speeding Ticket

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Kai's Speeding Ticket
From: Kenneth Allan Mitchell <nokones@kenmitchell.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 09:14:18 -0700
Kai:

You never said how fast you were going. The Fort Tejon Area office
normally don't have time to write tickets for less than 85-90 MPH
because they are so busy dealing with all the idiots driving 90+ MPH. If
you got a ticket for speeding on I.S 5 between Stockton and LA, you were
definitely exceeding 70 MPH, in your case in the Fort Tejon Area, 65
MPH. Keep in mind, the even 1 MPH over the maximum speed limit is just
as guilty as 100 MPH.

As for your radar detector not working or warning you in advance, the
Officer may have been shooting radar the opposite direction and may have
switch to your direction. The CHP cars are equipped with two radar
antennae, one front and one rear.

As for the Officer's actions/demeanor, you should direct your complaint
to the Fort Tejon CHP Area office located in Lebec. The Officer's
demeanor is totally separate issue than the enforcement action. Once the
ticket is written, its a court issue.

In my opinion, pay the ticket and move on with life. Your were speeding
or you wouldn't have gotten the ticket. Of course you may consult with
an Attorney that will no doubt say lets go to court and fight the
ticket. Its your money, he doesn't care as long you pay him.

--
Kenneth Allan Mitchell
mailto:nokones@kenmitchell.com