Re: Street car - Taurus Question

To: eric@mail.brown911.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Street car - Taurus Question
From: Hottvr@aol.com
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 19:58:39 EST
eric@mail.brown911.com writes:

<< Wife's '97 Taurus has the 'check engine soon' light on. Otherwise the
 car has no visible symptoms or low fluids. >>

I had the same thing happen on F-150 Ford pickup. I called the dealer and ask
about it. They told me to wait a week and see if it went out??? They said
that many times
its the electronics trying to readjust themselves to weather changes??? The
next
morning I started it and the light went out. I was amazed to say the least.
Its never come back on again and that was 3 months ago. They also told me
that the "Check
Engine" light has nothing to do with fluid levels. Its all oxygen sensor
stuff. Thats what they told me and I'm sticking by it.

Mike(Your results may differ)B. 99cm