Re: Was: Where's the disc - now Growing Solo

To: Rick Brown <free2000@quixnet.net>, dave2020@mindspring.com,
Subject: Re: Was: Where's the disc - now Growing Solo
From: "Pat Kelly" <lollipop487@attbi.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 12:34:50 -0800
We had an entry price difference, $35 for non-members, $25 for members.
Then, yes, we gave up accepting everyone, member or not, a year and a half
ago.  At first, we allowed folks to join at the site on the day they wanted
to run, and there were still had too many. So we tightened it up some more
by requiring entrants to be card-carrying members.
So, Round 1 a couple of weeks ago drew 292, all SCCA members.
One thing we've noted is we take in less $$ because of the extra $10 for
non-members is gone. But we still are in the profit mode.
There are other clubs that do not require SCCA membership to run, or marque
clubs, like BMW & Porsche, that take some of the pressure off.
We do not sell time only or fun runs at all, and managed to squeeze in the
292 by 4:30 (start at 9 a.m.) before the sun set, all with 3 runs each.
--Pat Kelly