RE: Fuel Injected Prepared Lawn Mowers (was: SP cars to compete

To: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>,
Subject: RE: Fuel Injected Prepared Lawn Mowers (was: SP cars to compete
From: "Steve Hoelscher" <stevehh@hiwaay.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 20:38:15 -0500
Mark J. Andy wrote:

Perhaps you ought to read the prepared rules a little more carefully.  You
can run fuel injection if you want, it just (in some forms) incurs a 10%
weight penalty.

If fuel injection is such the big advantage that you seem to be claiming
it is, perhaps you should join the class, build the car, take the weight
penalty, and show everyone you're right.

<<<Gee Mark, lighten up will ya.  We were having a spirited discussion, but
all in good fun.  Besides, if you read my post you know I said "...until
recently...".   And I never claimed FI was "the big advantage".  Fuel and
air is still fuel and air whether by carb or FI.  Having tuned carbs of many
types for some 30 years and FI for 10 years, I prefer FI on its worst day.
Besides, I don't have to prove its viability, every major automobile
manufacturer the world over has done it for me, along with every major
racing series that permits its use.>>>

Steve Hoelscher
#27 DSP