re: so much for the petition

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: re: so much for the petition
From: David Hillman <hillman@planet-torque.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 14:57:08 -0400 (EDT)
Rocky wrote...
> Exactly. And to quote the last two grafs:
>
> "We don't think it can be just NASCAR 24 hours a day out of the gate,"
> Brooks says. "It will have some other racing elements. That's probably
> the right mix to get us started."

   Rocky, you must be one be one hell of an optimist to interpret that as
anything other than, "We'll keep the current lineup until we ramp up
production on 24 hours of NASCAR."

> Or, as someone said a while back, it won't be all-NASCAR all the time,
> but it will be More NASCAR, More of the Time.

   Maybe they'll still have a bit of F1 and CART, but I think we can kiss
goodbye to Rally ( certainly ProRally, probably WRC ), motorcycle racing,
Motorsport Mundial, Legends of Motorsport, World Challenge, Trans-Am,
Runoffs and all the other programming that make it Speedvision.

   What I do not understand is; if they were going to re-name, re-locate,
re-program and re-launch the channel... why not start from scratch instead
of buying?  It isn't like cable companies aren't going to pick up a new
channel called "NASCARvision"... they'll snap it up regardless.

--
 D a v i d  H i l l m a n
 hillman@planet-torque.com