NOTICE - NEDivs!!

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: NOTICE - NEDivs!!
From: "Tom Kearney" <tjkearney3@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 17:43:03 -0400
Hello,

It has come to light that the North East Divisionals are in an uproar.
Hopefully, I can shed some light on the situation, and the North East
regional members (and those who might possibly attend the event) can pull
together to ensure the success of the event.

A brief description of whats happened thus far (and some of reasons there
are problems):
-       NEDivs were to be hosted by Central NY Region when they tentatively
agreed
at the March roundtable
-       A date of August 18-19th tentatively was chosen
-       The date was published on the SCCA.org website (and possibly SportsCar)
-       Shortly after the roundtable, CNY pulled out due to lack of manpower to
run the event
-       Not sure what happened after that but another region did not take on
the
responsibility to host the event
-       All the while, people began taking the event date as gospel (that was
mistakenly published)

Just recently (very recently), Tina Reeves picked up the reigns and started
gathering the necessary info to get the event off the ground (although Tina
has not been named Chairman of the event).  I am not 100% sure when/why the
original date became the new date, but it HAS changed.  The OFFICIAL date
for the event is August 4th-5th .  From the healthy dose of grumblings
received, this is the main concern/problem.

The event site will once again be Griffiss Tech Park in Rome, NY. Apparently
there is another area event that is causing the area hotel/motels to fill
for that weekend, even before any official word has come out about NEDivs.
I am trying to help get the word out to those of you under the impression
that the date is still 8/18-8/19and also to those of you looking to get a
bed to sleep in  (hint: Utica is 15 minutes away and has many more hotels
than does Rome).  I believe a website will be up shortly with some info on
registration and lodging. If/when I hear about it I will be sure to publish
it here  (you can keep an eye on www.flr-scca.com as hopefully well get a
link up there as soon as the Divisional site is up).

Tina Reeves could use any and all offers of help to make this event a
success.  Experience in ANY specialty/offers to do some leg work, etc.
Volunteer before being asked (since there isnt much time to wait), please!
Do not lodge complains with her as she has enough to do (and had nothing to
do with the situation up until this point).

Once again, the OFFICIAL date for NEDivs is August 4th  5th at Griffiss
Tech Park in Rome NY.

Dont shoot the messengerI shoot back.

TommyGun Kearney
Finger Lakes Region