RE: Hoosier Pro-Solo wear

To: Randy Chase <randyc2@home.com>,
Subject: RE: Hoosier Pro-Solo wear
From: "Burns, James B." <James.Burns@jhuapl.edu>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 09:10:55 -0400
> > Pretty big difference from those Toyos you used to run, huh?
>
> Still run. :-) Just not much anymore at ProSolos. I learned
> it was a hard
> way to win.
>
> I run them locally. I still think they are a very good choice
> as far as
> value.
>
> Randy Chase

It reminds of the Yokohama A008's that I used to have.  They came on the '91
MR2T when I bought it, and they were already well used.  I did track days,
autocrosses, driving schools, maybe even a road race on them, but could not
wear them out.  Finally, after much abuse, one of them had a carcass
failure, but I never could wear out the rubber on those things.

Toyos are a great value, especially for someone who does both autoxes and
track days and wants to be able to drive to and from events on his
competition tires.  They are also great rain tires.

Brad Burns