RE: Pre-'75 car choices

To: Eric Linnhoff <eric10mm@qni.com>, "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Pre-'75 car choices
From: "Burns, James B." <James.Burns@jhuapl.edu>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 09:37:39 -0500
> How early did VW start making the water pumper cars like Rabbits and
> Sciroccos?

I think the first Rabbit was around 1974, wasn't it?  My mom had a late-70's
Scirocco, and it was a blast to drive.  My friend really doesn't want a FWD
car, though.

> How about an old VW Squareback?  ;^)  I saw one for sale on
> Ebay today.

Wow, I haven't seen one of those on the road in ages.  (Also haven't seen a
Maverick or Pacer or Pinto or Vega in a long time -- maybe there's a
reason.)  One of those VW Squarebacks could make a great show car for the
import auto shows.  It would be very unique, and you could load up the back
and the front trunk with stereo stuff.  Of course, most of us on Team.net
are not into that sort of thing.

Brad B.