RE: '89 Nationals

To: "'Smokerbros@aol.com'" <Smokerbros@aol.com>, msirota@isc.upenn.edu
Subject: RE: '89 Nationals
From: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 13:41:42 -0800
Charlie writes...

>Yeah, you're right.  I think the SFR contingent went to a steak >house and
it got late and we missed the talent show in '89.

This would make sense, I think. Was this a Larry Park thing? I remember him
inviting my dad and me to this steak house in Salina. My dad was surrounded
by Shauna (Marinus) and Sandy Glorioso, and me. We gals sat there, talking
about HAIR of all things. It was a lively discussion. I remember Sandy
saying, "If Shauna didn't color my hair, my hair would be NINETY PERCENT
gray," looking each one of us individually in the eye with each syllable.

We gasped in unison, "You're KIDDING!"

"Yes. NINETY PERCENT gray."

Come to think of it, I think you and Michelle had to be there, because I
remember her shock upon hearing of Sandy's natural hair color.

We talked about split ends, and what shaving really does to hair follicles.
Obviously, this still fascinates me, otherwise I wouldn't have remembered
it.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the table, the guys were having some sort of
macho talk, and my dad was stuck with all of us, pretending to be interested
in what we were talking about, which was impressive.

It was my sweet revenge. I've sat through TOO MANY of his conversations!

Katie