Re: '89 Nationals

To: rjohnson@friendlynet.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: '89 Nationals
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 16:21:17 EST
In a message dated 12/13/00 12:58:06 PM Pacific Standard Time,
rjohnson@friendlynet.com writes:

> Now if only someone could help me with the Talent Show. . . . .

I'll take a stab at it.  Might have the wrong year, though...

Held at a Moose or Elks Lodge behind Crawford Street.  Wasn't this the
"California Girls" year?  And something about a kissing booth?

I just remember towing Jeff Glorioso's BSP Vette behind Sandy's full sized
Bronco, which had not been very well maintained prior to their buying it
used.  It decided not to make the grade into Flagstaff.  We had to unload the
Vette and I drove it into Flagstaff (on bias-ply Hoosiers, what a job THAT
was) before sundown (headlights wouldn't come up).

Jeff Glorioso got the truck to Flagstaff with the empty trailer, and we
bought tune-up parts 5 minutes before the last parts store closed on a
Saturday night and replaced plugs and plug wires in a Pizza Hut parking lot
while we waited for dinner to be made.  We found out that it was running on 7
cylinders at best, and down to 5 or 6 when the plug wires were shorting out
against the exhaust manifolds.

I did get to do a little stop light to stop light playing in the Vette that
night, and the next day we started out the next day with the Vette on the
road again, just to check out the power on the Bronco.  After I blasted away
from the pack a couple of times, it was decided that my fun was over, the
Bronco was okay, and to load up the Vette.  Damn!

Later that day, Jeff Reitmeir and Jim ??? got far enough ahead to go to the
far side of an overpass and park, come back and moon the rest of us from the
overpass.  Stacy didn't participate.  Damn!

This started a long history of indecent exposure by Reitmeir (Yes, indecent -
if you've been mooned by "Stickman" you'd understand!) including Michelle
Reitmeir and me being mooned at breakfast in the Salina Holidome from the
glass elevator.  I had the pleasure of advising Mr. Reitmeir that in the
process he had also mooned Artie Trier and Marc Gerstein, who were in charge
of the pending protest against Jeff and Stacy.  Even THAT didn't stop his
indiscretion...

Oh, yeah, I got to drive the BSP car, too.  I think that's where my CP
project REALLY started...

CHD