Re: Demographics Now

Subject: Re: Demographics Now
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 09:16:15 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

On Thu, 7 Dec 2000, msmith2 wrote:
> I came from drag racing. It takes too much money to make a car fast enough
> to be a challenge to drive. But then, that's the problem in the first
> place... Autocrossing is a driver's sport. Drag Racing is almost 100% car.
> Since most of these people are car nuts first, and drivers second, they drag
> race. The idea is to show the drag racers that driving is fun too.

I came from motorcycle roadracing.  Its a rider's sport as well, but it
costs way the hell more than autoxing (though I'm stupidly trying to
narrow the gap by building a cp car... :-) and requires more time
dedication.  I'm not the only person I know to make the switch from track
racing to autox for similar reasons.

Mark

(I wouldn't be so bold as to say that "most of our members come from other
motorsports" though.  Perhaps "other motorsports fan bases")