Re: STS Tires - best way!!!

To: "Brian Berryhill" <brianberryhill@flashmail.com>
Subject: Re: STS Tires - best way!!!
From: "Roger Johnson" <rjohnson@friendlynet.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 19:16:10 -0500

Brian, I can absolutely, positively assure you that for STS
to be a National class, an inclusion list will NOT work.

I have seen manufacturers cheat in ways that you cannot
comprehend. And contrary to what many feel, you will
NOT know when someone is running a 'cheater' tire.

There are 4 solutions to this problem.  And ONLY four:
-Keep STS as a local-only class.  No National participation.
-Switch all of the STS drivers/cars to STR. (Not good!)
-Spec Tire.  One tire, from one manufacturer.  Done with decent
        success in Club Racing.
-Spec Vendor.

Actually, Team Net has done a good job with this topic - 10
days ago, there were only 2 options on the 'solution' list.

Gotta trust me on this - if Dennis is the resident Subject Matter Expert
on ECU's, I'm gonna claim SME for tires.  Any arguments?

Roger 2