Re: Exhausts for neons

To: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>,
Subject: Re: Exhausts for neons
From: "Jeffrey D. Blankenship" <jeffreyblankenship@home.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 20:25:10 -0600
----- Original Message -----
From: Mark J. Andy <marka@telerama.com>
Subject: Exhausts for neons

> I need to get a cat back system for my '95 DOHC neon.  Way back when
> someone welded a ball & socket adapter to make taking the muffler off
> easier and that's all rusted to hell now.
>
> Anyone have any recommendations?  I'm interested in:
> 1) price / durability
> 2) performance as least as good as stock stuff
> 3) not excessively loud / annoying
> 4) doesn't look "rice boy"-ish
>
> I'm pretty tempted to just go stock, but I figure Chrysler is gonna want a
> million dollars for the cat - muffler pipe.
>
> Thanks!

Mark:

Okay, I'll hawk a part I want to sell, knowing you might not be the right
customer for it...  I have a '95-'96 vintage OEM DOHC muffler in show
condition for $75 + shipping.  Comes with two very nice OEM rubber hangers.
I take pains to point out it is the style suitable for presenting the neon
in its early form, with the fancy brackets and slant-cut tips, so I'm asking
more than the usual going rate for a used DOHC muffler, but still less than
the non-OEM muffler I'd recommend.  As far as the aftermarket goes, lots of
folks have had success with the Walker Dynomax Ultraflow.

I'd like to see my muffler go to someone who shows their neon and would use
a different muffler for daily driving, but I'd also like to sell the thing.
So there it is.

Lemme no,
---
Jeffrey D. Blankenship                                   '91 MR2 Turbo
Champaign, Illinois