Re: STS Tire Rules

To: autox <autox@autox.team.net>, streettouring <streettouring@egroups.com>
Subject: Re: STS Tire Rules
From: Chris and Deb Shenefield <cdkshen@sunlink.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 06:56:05 -0500
Even though I am an avid fan of the ST classes, I agree that the
Treadwear rating is not enforceable.  There HAS to be another way.  The
durometer sounds like a very good way to do it.....but is this
possible.  How would you do it in cold weather when a tire that is
REALLY 120 will test like a 140.  Maybe there can be a control tire?  Or
maybe there can be a 5% rule.....  But leaving it up to the number on
the side is asking for problems.

But, let's figure out how to resolve this because ST classes are the
best thing Solo2 has seen for awhile.  Like some have said, maybe ST is
what SP should really be.  Maybe SP is the "traditional" tuners classes
and ST is the Gen-X and Y phat cat class.  Whatever....entries are
strong!

And make a rule that any tire allowable at nationals must have approval
by the ST Comittee 4 months prior to Topeka.  Just a thought!

Chris