Re: Proposal: XS = eXtreme Stock or eXotic Stock

To: Mdmotorsprt@aol.com
Subject: Re: Proposal: XS = eXtreme Stock or eXotic Stock
From: Randy Chase <randyc2@home.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 23:21:06 -0700

Mdmotorsprt@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 10/27/00 10:46:03 PM Pacific Daylight Time, kennedy@i2.com
> writes:
> Fact 6:
> Viper, Ferrari, Lambo, McCalaren, PAnoz, Veactor woud make really lousy Solo
> cars. Too wide, too heavy. Pretty. But not good on a solo course. A well
> tuned BS Miata would rip them.

I would not be too sure about that, but on a tight/slow course, perhaps.
I would think a Panoz would do pretty well. I have autocrossed an F355
and on street tires, it could really fly, once I figured out how to use
all that horsepower. I have seen the Viper do pretty well also.

I like the idea of having an exotic class because of the interest it
creates when one shows up. We have had a Lambo SV autocross here a while
ago, and it created a lot of interest. It was fun to watch.

On some courses, a well tuned BS Miata will beat many cars, but so what?
That is why Brian is proposing a separate class.

Randy Chase
'91 MR2 (poor man's Ferrari) CS